Ways in which you can reduce plastic pollution:
- Stop buying plastic bottled drinks – Bring your own bottle.
- Buy in bulk.
- Thrift shop instead of buying everything new.
- Sign petitions.
- Reduce your use of single use plastics.
- Advise friends and family on non plastic options.
- Reuse items as much as possible before throwing away.
- Refuse plastic straws and cutlery when out and about.
- Stop chewing gum – yes most gums are made of plastic.
- Choose biodegradable when there is that option available.
- Carry a shopping bag with you.
- Do not litter.
- Give up balloons.
- Use refill stations.
Some petitions you can sign:
Options to help you reduce your plastic use:
So as you may know, if you follow me on instagram, I am rallying for a plastic free zone.
I am still learning every day as to how plastic effects the environment and in turn every living being on this planet including ourselves, so i thought I’d make a list of alternatives that can be used instead.
Starting with plastic bottles.
‘More than 480bn plastic drinking bottles 🍼 were sold in 2016 across the world, up from about 300bn a decade ago. If placed end to end, they would extend more than halfway to the sun. By 2021 this will increase to 583.3bn, according to the most up-to-date estimates from Euromonitor International’s global packaging trends report.
Most plastic bottles used for soft drinks and water are made from polyethylene terephthalate (Pet), which is highly recyclable. But as their use soars across the globe, efforts to collect and recycle the bottles to keep them from polluting the oceans, are failing to keep up. ‘
I’m going eco warrior princess mode this week with my posts..😆 because it’s not too late to make a change.
I have my favourite reusable bottle I bought from Amazon with me everyday that I remember, to cut down on my plastic use
People always ask me what it is because of its Beautiful colours and that alone attracts someone in my reach into buying one and cutting down on their plastic use. (You don’t have to pressure people or start campaigns everyday to send a message. )
Actions speak louder than words…
If you want to buy the bottle, click here >> ‘REUSEABLE BOTTLE’
They have tons of colours