Ways in which you can reduce plastic pollution:
- Stop buying plastic bottled drinks – Bring your own bottle.
- Buy in bulk.
- Thrift shop instead of buying everything new.
- Sign petitions.
- Reduce your use of single use plastics.
- Advise friends and family on non plastic options.
- Reuse items as much as possible before throwing away.
- Refuse plastic straws and cutlery when out and about.
- Stop chewing gum – yes most gums are made of plastic.
- Choose biodegradable when there is that option available.
- Carry a shopping bag with you.
- Do not litter.
- Give up balloons.
- Use refill stations.
Some petitions you can sign:
Options to help you reduce your plastic use: