VEGGIE MIX + RICE MEAL PREP #1
Veggie mix with rice ready in 35-45 minutes. With only 7 all natural plant based ingredients. Making 4 separate meals which are Vegan and only cost £0.90p each. So if you are on a budget or do not have enough time to cook every day, you love how easy this makes life.
- 1 1/2Cups (roughly 260g) Wholegrain Brown rice
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes
- 200g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 250g Sweet potato
- 150g Courgette
- 90g Frozen Chopped onion ( or fresh )
- 80g Spinach
- 1 Tsp All Purpose seasoning
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
- Rinse rice and put into pot with 3 1/2 cups of water. Put on stove high heat until water starts boiling.
- Wash and slice your Sweet Potatoes into small cubes. Put into a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- While you are waiting for those to boil, Grab another pot with a tiny bit of water or oil and add Chopped onions. Turn on stove to medium heat and cook onions for just over 5 minutes making sure to stir them.
- Chop up your veggies ready to add to pot with onions.
- Add chopped mushrooms to onions and cook for another 5-7minutes.
- Make sure to keep an eye on your rice and sweet potatoes, if they have started to boil you can turn down the heat to a low-medium heat.
- When your mushrooms and onions are golden and soft , add seasonings and mix in.(optional)
- Add sliced Tomatoes and juice to the onion mushroom mix. Simmer for 5minutes.
- Add chopped courgettes to veggie mix pot and stir in let them cook together for 5minutes.
- When your potatoes are soft turn off the heat and drain the water. Also if your rice is ready(there should be no more water in the pot ) turn that off also.
- Add the potatoes to the Veggie mix and mix together, and tear spinach and place into pot also, stir and cook for around 5 more minutes.
- Dish out equally into Tupperwear boxes and leave to cool down covered on the side. Once cool place inside fridge if you are going to eat in the next 2 days, and that are longer than 2 days will be best off going straight into the freezer.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @SKYCHRISTINA on Instagram and hashtag it #SugarFreeSky