Spicy Sweet Potato chips
For a yummy small lunch or sides for dinner. Try out this sweet potato recipe.
VEGAN LENTIL SHEPHERD’S PIE
For a yummy small lunch or sides for dinner. Try out this sweet potato recipe..
Author: SKY CHRISTINA
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 – 50 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes – 1 hour
Category: Lunch / Dinner / Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Plant based, No added sugars
( you will need a large tray, a knife, foil and a cutting board for this recipe)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Fajita Seasoning ( 1TBS-2TBS – enough to lightly top cover all potatoes )
- 1 TBS Garlic Pepper (optional)
- (Red Pepper Flakes if you want more spice)
- Olive oil ( enough lightly line bottom of tray )
- Pinches of Sea Salt (optional)
- 1 Sweet Potato ( fits in the open palm of your hand.)
- Start washing your Sweet Potato.
- Grab Knife and chopping board and slice Potato into fries shapes. (you may skin your potato if you want to and cut off the ends)
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 5 (375F)
- Prepare a flat wide tray, line with foil. (if you do not have foil then just use a clean tray)
- Line that foil with Olive oil to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the tray. (a little can go a long way so do not put too much)
- Place your chips onto the oiled tray skins facing upward.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on top of potatoes. (optional)
- Sprinkle on all seasonings, Fajita and Garlic pepper.
- Place in oven, near the middle lower part of your oven, set your timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 mins flip the fries onto the over side to cook evenly.
- Place back in oven and cook for another 20-30minutes, depending on your oven.
- After 20-30 minutes check, with a fork, if all the potatoes are soft inside, if not place back in oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Now your food is ready sprinkle on top some salt (optional) and serve.
- Enjoy maybe with a side salad (like pictured) or maybe even a Bean Burger.
You can make this same recipe with white potatoes too for a different flavour. Also everyones oven cooks things a little differently so make sure to check on these regularly while cooking, i don’t want you to have burnt or undercooked potatoes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @SKYCHRISTINA on Instagram and hashtag it #SugarFreeSky