Cancer Research UK says BYE BYE to sugar for SUGAR FREE FEBRUARY! Would you go sugar free for a month?
BENEFITS OF GOING SUGAR FREE
Reduced food Cravings
- More balanced blood sugar makes it less likely for you to crave foods or feel constantly hungry.
- Sugar causes inflammation in the body which can break down the elasticity in your skin. Which can cause wrinkles.
- Sugar robs the body of minerals which the body needs to keep skin nails and hair healthy, which can also cause bad acne, dull weak hair and many other issues.
- Unbalanced blood sugar levels can cause you to crash regularly. Sugar raises the blood sugar level very high, really quickly and soon after the body brings the sugar levels way down to control it. This can leave you exhausted and craving again. Whereas whole food unprocessed sugars help to keep balance of blood sugar levels instead with a slower release.
- When I did the 30 day sugar free challenge, I lost a dramatic amount of fat from my back and my body fat mass even went down and after a year of being sugar free I lost a stone in weight.
- Sugar triggers your hormone Ghrelin ( the hunger hormone ) making you likely to eat more than you need. Sugar is also full of empty calories, so you are just taking in extra calories for satisfaction purposes but they are actually leaving you more and more unsatisfied as time goes on.
- It may not make everyone lose weight but can help to maintain the weight you currently are.
- At a small percentage, excess sugar is turned into waste but mostly stored as fat by the body as it is seen as a valuable resource to hold onto. This is why whole unrefined sugars are better to consume than processed because they include fibre and other nutrients which digest slower and can be used as energy.
Lower risk of illness
- Majority of illnesses in the body are triggered by the consumption of sugar.
- Since ive gone sugar free I’ve avoided most common sicknesses like flu / cold.
- Sugar causes a lot of systems in the body to not work to their fullest potential causing illness to take over.
- Sugar also is a cause of inflammation which also causes a lot of bodily health issues and can also cause depression.
- Sugar also weakens the gut which plays an important role of absorbing nutrients needed for optimal health, causing unnecessary illness.
- When Sugar effects your energy levels and causes inflammation, it has a grand effect on the mind. Sugar can leave you distracted, anxious, and cause negative thinking.
- Removing sugar from my diet has allowed me to focus more and just feel less heavy minded.
- Having more control on your blood sugar and energy levels can make it easier for you to go to sleep.
- Consuming sugar can cause a delay in your body release of melatonin a hormone which controls your sleeping cycle and helps you sleep deeper.
Better moods/ improve mental health
- High sugar consumption has been linked to depression, and I have to say, since going sugar free I haven’t felt depressed, and i was diagnosed with depression before I cut out sugar from my diet. (i also ate a hell of a lot of sugar)
- The constant rise and fall of blood sugar can cause a lot of feelings of nervousness and contribute to those who already have anxiety. Also leading to craving which can make people agitated and hangry.
- When I was eating sugar compared to now, there is a massive difference. I went from someone who was super sensitive and emotional one day to happy and chilled out the next, most people I know are still shocked at the difference. And when I had a moment of weakness at the beginning of my journey and ate sugar…. I suddenly felt all the feelings of depression again. Was a really strange experience.
I recently talked about a bunch of books i had read when going Sugar-free on my Youtube channel and thought you might want a read as well.
Hope they help,
( I’ll do a post on Documentaries i watch as well soon.)
THAT SUGAR BOOK:This book will change the way you think about ‘healthy’ food
The Case Against Sugar
Sugar Nation: The Hidden Truth Behind America’s Deadliest Habit and the Simple Way to Beat It
Pure, White and Deadly: How Sugar Is Killing Us and What We Can Do to Stop It
Hi Hi Hi everyone!
Today I have for you the long awaited Cake hunt ( sugar free and vegan of course ).
I promised a while back that I would test out and investigate some locations for sugar free cake for you all to go out and try – and here we are! The first part in many to come..
To be honest, I thought we would fall short and not be able to find anywhere to get this elusive Sugar free, vegan cake, but lucky us – there are actually more places than I think any of us ever realised..
All it took was for me to grab a friend, and do a little google search and now here we are 😛
All of the places I visited were refined sugar free, so if you have just cut out refined sugars there is plenty options for you in the London area.
-Take lots of pix
(f or evidence to show unbelieving friends, and convince them to join your sugar free side hehe )
-Check all ingredients properly, and ask the waiters
( don’t get over excited like me and miss some key information )
I really do hope you enjoy the video, me and hayley had an amazing time eating all that cake.
Please do give the video a LIKE if you did, share to your friends and SUBSCRIBE for more content like this in future.
Love and light